Saturday, June 19, 2010

Sugar-Free Chocolate Fondue Recipe

At the office friday unwind party, our hostess noticed me staring (and probably mentally drooling) at the chocolate fondue fountain. She approached and informed me that the chocolate fondue was sugar-free! Woohoo!! (^_^)

I asked her if I can have the recipe, and she handed it to me later that evening. Here it is:



Sugar-Free Chocolate Fondue Recipe

Ingredients:

2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup skim milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar substitute

Instructions:

  • Mix cocoa, cinnamon, salt, and milk in a food processor.
  • Put mixture in a saucepan, and bring to a boil.
  • Put in low heat, and let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often until mixture gets thick.
  • Turn off heat, and let it cool for 5 minutes (keep on stirring).
  • Put sugar substitute and vanilla extract in the mixture, and stir until it becomes smooth.
  • Pour mixture into a fondue fountain or pot.

Looks simple enough. Even for me! Lol!! (^_~)

All my girl friends and I went gaga over this chocolate fountain at the party. I will try to look for a small fondue fountain at the mall this weekend. This will be a great addition for parties and sleep overs with the girls. Oh, don't forget to get some fresh fruits! Slice or dice them in bite size pieces, for chocolate dipping.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails